Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Inspired - Smokey Greens


 This smoked out green look is great for the holiday season, you can also make it more dramatic by adding some winged out liner and some black eye shadow in the outer corner to deepen the look.
The first thing I did was prime my lid with Urban Decay Eye Shadow Potion to make the shadows stick and last all day. I used all the eye shadows from a Sephora holiday eye shadow pallet that was limited edition but I will put a link below to similar ones you can purchase. The first eye shadow I used was a light golden green shade and I applied this with a regular shadow brush all over the lid. I then took a fluffy brush and swept on a creamy-white shade under the brow and in the inner corner of the lid. Using a different fluffy brush I used "windshield wiper" motions to apply a medium forest green shade into the outer corner and up into the crease. For the final shade i used a dense synthetic brush to dab on a dark forest green in the outer corner, I blended this in with the same fluffy brush I used for the medium green shade. After applying the eye shadow I lined my lower lash line with a forest green eyeliner from Cover Girl. I finished off the look by applying basic black liner to the waterline and tight line, curled my lashes and added three coats of Lash Blast mascara.

note *To achieve this look you don't have to use the same products I used, any similar shades will work as well. I highly suggest you invest in a good eyeshadow primer, liquid concealer can also work.*

No comments:

Post a Comment