Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Electric blue


This shimmering blue look is perfect if your looking to spice things up from your daily neutral shades. Its not the ideal everyday look but its great for a night out! This would be the perfect look for new years if you add some winged out liner, false lashes and some glitter.

The first thing I did was prime my lid with Urban Decay Primer Potion to make the shadows last all day. Then I applied Marks shade stick in marina to the lid for a base colour. I used a Cover Girl pallet in 'crystal waters' for all the eye shadow. The first colour I used was the second lightest colour in the pallet, its sort of an aqua-green shade, I applied this in the inner corner and first half of the lid.(do not blend yet) The next shade I used was the second darkest colour in the pallet, it is a light navy blue, I applied this to the middle of the lid. (again not blending, and I am not applying these into the crease.) I then apply the darkest blue shade into the outer half of my lid. For blending I take a clean fluffy brush and carefully blend the noticeable lines (try not to mix the colours together you want a notice able colour difference from light to dark with no noticable lines!) For the highlight colour I applied the lightest shade in the pallet to the brow bone and the inner corner blending out where the blue ends right before the crease.(This will blend it up into the crease a little but it will give your eye some dimension.) For eye liner I used 'cobalt blue', I applied this in the waterline, tight line and lower lash line. For a smoked out effect I used a small eyeliner brush and swept the darkest blue shade over top of the liner on the lower lash line. I topped this off with curling my lashes and some black mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment